With my Red Bulls out I've gotten around to tnking about who I'd like to see in

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2013-9-28 09:15:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
So, who would you like to see make it?What would be your preferred MLS Cup matchup?in random orderLASEARSLHOUDCTORCLBCHIi dont want SJ, DAL, NE, COL, etc. (1) Houston(3) Chivas vs. Their fan base does not provide adequate support to the team; these are the worst teams (along with Red Bulls) from a fan intensity standpoint. 3. because they have weak fan bases.Nordecke has added a great atmosphere to about 1/4 of the park, but the rest of the place looks like a masoleum on TV.If we substituted Columbus for RSL, I would pit Columbus versus Toronto and Seattle versus Houston.Chicago v. 4.) 1-1-1, with the team with the best record getting game 1 and 3 at home.Originally Posted by bobbydigitali dont want SJ, DAL, NE, COL, etc.Seattle2.1. having the championship in a neutral setting is horrible because it's too far to travel for most teams. Since i'm not going to have a team to back in the playoffs, they are the one team I don't want there.Real Salt Lake2.Of the remaining teams, let's boot Kansas City. 2 weekend games and 1 mid week. This Quakes fan doesn't want to see them stinking up the 2009 playoffs. 10 teams vying for 8 spots.So my ideal matchups for the first round would beA Galaxy versus Chivas USAChicago versus DC UnitedSeattle versus TorontoHouston versus ReAL Salt LakeThis would be a fun playoffs. id rather they would have a best of 3 series (no agg.Realistically, I'd like to see.I almost want to leave Seattle and Toronto off for the erzatz grass, but let's face it - these are the two best fan bases in MLS. because they have weak fan bases.So things are narrowed down nicely right now. Originally Posted by JasonmaOnly onwould a discussion of who fans want in the playoffs be centered on fan support and not what teams would produce the best games. All of these teams have the ability to fill/come close to filling their stadiums, making the league look good, both in the stadiums and on TV. Columbus - Host v.Same, but to a lesser extent, with a Toronto/Columbus series. (2) Los AngelesObviously the seed wouldn't really be a big deal for LA/Chivas. 3.Finally, I will say Columbus.They do play a great style of soccer for MLS, though, and its tough to vote them off the island.I will work backwards:Okay, Earthquakes and Red Bulls are out due to ineptness.Which is why I'm very happy Chivas won today, especially because NE still has games in hand over most of the league.For some reason, I find KC really boring to watch as well. Chivas USA1.Columbus v. even a good game wouldnt look good in an empty stadium.HoustonColumbusChicagoLos AngelesSeattleReal Salt LakeToronto FCChivas USAMLS Cup: Seattle v.Only onwould a discussion of who fans want in the playoffs be centered on fan support and not what teams would produce the best games.LA Galaxy v. 4.ps.Well in all fairness, I think that, of the 8 teams I listed, 7 of them play pretty interesting soccer, Chivas being the lone exception.If these 8 teams made the post-season, I definitely think it would have the potential to be the best MLS Cup Playoffs in league history.Houston v.With my Red Bulls out, I've gotten around to thinking about who I'd like to see in the playoffs, as far as entertainment and league image go.Please god, do not let Dallas, Colorado or New England anywhere near the playoffs.DC UnitedThe one team truly in the playoff hunt that I am actively rooting against is New England.That leaves eight teams: LA, CUSA, Houston, Seattle, RSL, DCU, Chicago and Toronto. (2) Chicago(4) Seattle vs.I think that the most compelling first-round ties would be4) Toronto vs. Defending Champs - plus, my girlfriend is from Ohio, and I took her to her first MLS game this summer (Crew - RBNY), so this would be a great chance to really get her into the league.Combining game quality and fan support i would like. (1) Columbus(3) DC United vs.Imagine the magnitude of a Galaxy/Chivas playoff series, if they faced off at any point.Their fan base is actually great for the size of the stadium, but its still a baseball park and looks weird on TV.Or the intensity at MLS Cup if Seattle makes it.Originally Posted by JasonmaOnly onwould a discussion of who fans want in the playoffs be centered on fan support and not what teams would produce the best games.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-29 10:09 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.275423 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum