When I see Dale play he reminds me so much of Gary Ablett Jr in s early days

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2012-12-22 12:34:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
Smart etc.thomas is a mercurial footballer who will win many games off his own boot but there were times last night he just didn't put his nose over the ball. Finds and creates space.probably a bit of the topic, but has anyone noticed ablett shruggs almost every tackle, his so good, no one can hold him. His style of play is vastly different though I think. Slightly inconsistent, but when he turns it on he's unstoppable. I aliken his play to James Hird though.The thing I find most impressive about him is that he finds space where there isn't any (similar to G Ablett Jnr), in close his movement is outstanding, he has a natural cleverness with the ball, and he will only get better without the ball, a skill G Ablett Jnr now has.Can Thomas be that player for us?What I love about him is that he finds space and uses it, he runs and bounces and finds teamates after he has run and carried.But he reminds me more of a young Craig Bradley than an Ablett) in that he is a real link and finish player, with polish and dash.And he is a terrific link player.Not old enough to really remember a young Craig Bradely.Does anyone notice this similarity in the two? Or is it just me?Originally Posted by smiddaz123When I see Dale play, he reminds me so much of Gary Ablett Jr in his early days. But he reminds me more of a young Craig Bradley than an Ablett) in that he is a real link and finish player, with polish and dash.Originally Posted by shawthing09Not old enough to really remember a young Craig Bradely.I'm excited about Thomas if you hadn't noticed.Thomas relies on pace and athleticism.I find him similar to Hird in the way he is always in the right place in the right time.He has now transferred that ability as a junior to the man's game and he does it easily.A forward flanker who occasionally runs through the midfield with an insane amount of flair.A deserved Brownlow favourite. I aliken his play to James Hird though.Originally Posted by mydarlingclementineThere are similarities but Thomas' disposal isn't nearly as good, and Ablett was always a better tackler, although Thomas is no slouch there either. When Ablett was at Thomas' stage in his career, he was on more or less the same level in terms of performances if I remember right. He'll develop the tackling aspect in time. I doubt he will ever have the power through his core and legs to play like Ablett but who cares, he is a beautifully balanced finisher who also has a crack. I do agree that he probably won't have the core strength of a Gary Ablett hence won't have that stand up in the tackle and break the lines ability.other than wakes, i noticed he looked among the most gutted at losing last night which made me even more proud of him. nick maxwell (tough as nails) must shake his head!cant wait to see him out there with a more mature body. I aliken his play to James Hird though.I doubt he will ever have the power through his core and legs to play like Ablett but who cares, he is a beautifully balanced finisher who also has a crack. Smart etc. When Ablett was at Thomas' stage in his career, he was on more or less the same level in terms of performances if I remember right. I do agree that he probably won't have the core strength of a Gary Ablett hence won't have that stand up in the tackle and break the lines ability. I do agree that he probably won't have the core strength of a Gary Ablett hence won't have that stand up in the tackle and break the lines ability.Thomas is brilliant but to compare him to others is unfair.Originally Posted by windowsHe DOES put his nose over the ball. Which would make him the anti-Hird, if anything. The most important thing is that he is willing to throw his body in there and make the tackle.Originally Posted by shawthing09Not old enough to really remember a young Craig Bradely.love ya work dale!He DOES put his nose over the ball.The will is there to tackle from Thomas. And he is a terrific link player.Though I think you are right he is very similar to Gary Ablett Jnr in his first couple of years, but I thought G Ablett Jnr got himself in trouble by trying to go too far and do too much at times, this is only because he was used to being able to get away with it. Smart etc.Does anyone notice this similarity in the two? Or is it just me?There are similarities but Thomas' disposal isn't nearly as good, and Ablett was always a better tackler, although Thomas is no slouch there either. Finds and creates space. Slightly inconsistent, but when he turns it on he's unstoppable.When I see Dale play, he reminds me so much of Gary Ablett Jr in his early days. Finds and creates space.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-29 10:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.261826 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum