View: 16|Reply: 0

Dilly Duka No

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2013-10-23 02:38:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
There's a reason you don't see the Revs leading the charge on this one.Look at the Agoos quote at the end of this story. .The Red Bulls clearly expect and will be pushing for some changes.Look at the Agoos quote at the end of this story.I'm curious to see whether MLS will expand the developmental rosters a few spots to allow for more Academy signings. It's hard to tell the hype from the truth, but there's only one way to find out.In most leagues, if a management group felt this way, they'd have been quiet about it for the 'greater good' of owner solidarity.Is Chirgadze another guy like Hamid, who isn't eligible for MLS games until 2010?At least RBNY has the Champions Lea--erm.I don't know the particulars of NCAA guidelines, but that does not bode well for any sort of reserve league / academy integration.It seems to me that this is a way of informally expanding rosters, but not officially expanding rosters because that may in some way affect CBA negotiations.It's pretty rare when management is pushing the envelope for what would be considered player benefits publicly. I bet all 3 could have been signed not to mentiuon in the U-17 team youhave Julio Arjona Jr.It's pretty rare when management is pushing the envelope for what would be considered player benefits publicly.More background on Chirgadze:2009/0.I agree with this thought.I think DC United was looking at Bill Hamid, Chris Hegngi, and Paul Torres as the 3 who would get that one Pro spot.Now if only we could stock our teams with enough decent young players to have a decent reserve league.Dilly Duka? No.The owners are breaking ranks in the press and making individual calculations, which bodes well for the players, if they can act in a more unified manner.I don't know the particulars of NCAA guidelines, but that does not bode well for any sort of reserve league / academy integration.It's hard to tell the hype from the truth, but there's only one way to find out.For NY Red Bull im hoping Jonathan Agudelo gets signed to a pro deal. Yeah, and I think it will anyway.I know in the PDL, NCAA guys can't play alongside professionals without sacrificing eligibility, even if they themselves aren't getting paid. He is a top Striker on the US U-17 team and has Altidore size and speed and is highly skilled, and you would have to be since this is the deepest US U-17 pool ever( i think). player/league negotiations swing on the fulcrum of who can divide the other group in terms of interests, and in this case when a management group is willing to publicly endorse the side the players take, it gives the players real leverage--publicly being the key.it will convince the top players in the country to join an MLS academy so they know they have a great shot at getting Pro roster spots and making a secure wage a the same-time.It may coincide with the interests of the players if these academy guys want to go pro at a young age, but I'm sure that's not the main driver of the argument. .Matt Kassel? No.cademy-player/Originally Posted by BalerionIt seems to me that this is a way of informally expanding rosters, but not officially expanding rosters because that may in some way affect CBA negotiations.It may coincide with the interests of the players if these academy guys want to go pro at a young age, but I'm sure that's not the main driver of the argument.[QUOTE=Balerion;18837714]Does this count as player benefits though?It seems to me that NY is looking out for themselves and the fruits of their academy.A 6-foot-1 native of Tbilisi, Georgia, Chirgadze joins the Red Bulls as a Developmental Player.Originally Posted by academy slots on the roster for players. Teams like New York seem to have a variety of options.The Red Bulls clearly expect and will be pushing for some changes.[/quote[That's pretty much what I mean.While MLS really doesn't need more murky roster rules, the end result of more academy players being signed is a good thing.Really, I'd love to have big enough rosters to field reserve teams augmented with U-18s from academies, but I'm not sure if that's possible.I'm assuming no U.Originally Posted by BalerionI'm curious to see whether MLS will expand the developmental rosters a few spots to allow for more Academy signings. and Shaquille Phillipswho have a chance with DC United. citizenship, but probably a greencard.Giorgi ChirgadzeNow 18, Chirgadze was a key figure in the Red Bulls Under-20 team's win in the Super-20 National Championship.Teams like New York seem to have a variety of options. Yeah, I know just enough to know that it will be really tricky to take the next steps.Johnny Exantus? No.They can be signed, but they can't play until 2010. 23, 2008.I know in the PDL, NCAA guys can't play alongside professionals without sacrificing eligibility, even if they themselves aren't getting paid. I would like too see these spots be Senior roster spots though. He first gained wide notoriety for scoring two goals in helping the Red Bulls Under-17 team defeat Inter Milan's Under-17 team, 3-1, on Aug.Is Chirgadze another guy like Hamid, who isn't eligible for MLS games until 2010? At least RBNY has the Champions Lea-- erm.S.Originally Posted by Stan CollinsYeah, and I think it will anyway.OK, there are about fourteen reasons.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-29 10:07 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.245614 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum