Rank the US players who are the top five Who are the five that would likely be

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2013-8-20 13:23:43 | Show all posts |Read mode
Scoring against the top keepers in the World requires more than placement.Rank the US players, who are the top five?Who are the five that would likely be on the field after 120 minutes in the WC?Donovan is clearly number 1My criteria are guys that can score from outside the box and put enough velocity on the ball. although I haven't seen Dempsey take them, I would guess he would do well.Didn't Adu miss two penalties in a row at the U20 level?Hunter Freeman stepped in and made the kick for him after the ref gave the US another attempt (said goalie moved early)I also recall EJ scoring a few penalties at the U20 level because Adu kept getting fouled in the box.My five,Donovan, Feilhaber, Davies, Dempsey, Cooper or Kljestan. When was the last time he missed one? I seriously can't remember him missing ever.he seems to make every penalty that does not involve a million dollars thoughOh, you mean this: YouTube - Calero ataje penal a Donovan YouTube - Calero ataje penal a Donovan Originally Posted by Harry Caray's Ghost1-5.If all things are equal the fourth forward picked by Bradley should be good at PKs. I do recall seeing him skip out in an MLS final however. Donovan2.1-5. EJ won a golden boot I recall.Originally Posted by UxSxAxfootyI'd sub Adu on just to take a penalty. Bradley3. After him, Adu and Bradley have made a few.Originally Posted by Harry Caray's Ghost1-5. When was the last time he missed one? I seriously can't remember him missing ever. Donovan.he seems to make every penalty that does not involve a million dollars thoughIn order of my confidence in the player taking it-Donovan* CherundoloDavies BradleyAdu DempseyFeilhaberKljestan* (Sweden)HoldenSpector ChingClarkCooper*(Panama, Gold Cup) EJ* (Argentina, Copa America)PeaceBornstein Howard -------AltidoreEdu Hejduk (but does anyone seriously believe he wouldn't score)Beasley* (China, friendly)Boca GoochDeMerit * Player who has scored a USMNT pen with the senior teamMaybe Gooch learns a few secrets at Milan?Originally Posted by joehe missed a million dollar penalty in superliga final a couple of years ago .Adu and Quaranta made theirs.I would like to see the following:1. Adu5.I can't imagine Mike Bradley wouldn't take one either.I've seen Davies, Kljestan, and Cooper take them well.Ching and Altidore would make me nervous. After him, Adu and Bradley have made a few.Bradley would surely use his 3rd sub by the time 120 minutes are up.I'd sub Adu on just to take a penalty.I agree, the 3 locks for me would be LD, Adu and Bradley. Cherundolo4.if dempsey doesn like taking them then i would go with Jozy and Benny. This would eliminate Casey (assuming Ching, Davies, and Altidore are in), and EJ or Cooper are in contention. Other guys may include Cherundolo, Bradley, and Clark; I not seen any of these guys shoot a penalty.Of course, we were up 3-1 at that point. Donovan. Donovan.he missed a million dollar penalty in superliga final a couple of years ago .He missed one against Jamaica in the Gold Cup Quarterfinal back in 2005.I still remember Dempsey missing a PK against DCU back in Aught Four.I can't imagine Mike Bradley wouldn't take one either. After him, Adu and Bradley have made a few. DaviesIf he's on the team, I think Holden would drill one home as well.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-2-22 05:03 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.177948 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum