View: 56|Reply: 0

story/expansion_five_candidates_for_next_two_expansion_spots/ Could we be on an

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2014-3-16 22:40:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
Atleast maybe a partnership with MLS and USL and Miami FC moving up to MLS. And we need to sell it for all its worth and exploit its positives now for MLS to see. Louis. South Florida and Tampa are two of the biggest TV/population markets in general, and certainly two of the biggest without teams. Plus, grass or turf, you still have the issue of FIU football practicing, playing, and controlling the schedule at the stadium. The turf, while I don't necessarily have a problem with it, is a problem with the rest of the soccer universe.They did offer FCB/Claure free rent(FCB was contributing a $500,000 donation to the university remember), but would they do it for another group? If so it certainly makes the situation better but I still don't think that's enough for Miami to jump over cities with actual soccer specific stadiums. we just need a committed investor for once. Carolinas - Great fit for the league I think, but easily 5th, at best, on the league's wish list. If not, God knows how long we have to wait. Montréal - Rabid fans and a near MLS-ready stadium of their own2. And we need to sell it for all its worth and exploit its positives now for MLS to see.I'll believe it when I see it. So if Miami has a chance at it, if there is a possiblilty, then Im all for it. So will St. As much as I treasure the memories I have growing up watching the Fish at Joe Robbie, and seeing the two World Series titles, it was downright nutty for the league to give Huizenga a team with plans to play through the heat and rain in the summertime. Louis in no particular order. you gotta work with what you have and build from there. Just please, no Barça, no anybody from anywhere other then South Florida heavily involved in the bid.story/expansion_five_candidates_for_next_two_expansion_spots/Could we be on another expansion trip? Read the article MLS is already looking for the next two expansion teams to MLS, Florida in General being considered for one out of the five possible expansion cities. That's how bad FIU wants MLS there and how much they want to support soccer down here. St. Montréal is about as close to a lock as you can get, so we'll need a stellar bid to beat St. But the fact is that the we'll start at a temp stadium and worry about a SSS later plan won't be enough this time. Atlanta - Big market, good owner, but they need serious stadium plans to develop5.Yes FIU is up to FIFA specifications, yes it's about the right size(for now), but it's not good enough to get MLS to take the risk on coming back here. If not, God knows how long we have to wait. And they were already a team in the area with two championships. Yeah it's FIFA approved, but some players simply won't play on it unless they have to, so it could be tough for Miami to sign players with the turf.I would rank the chances as follows:Montreal. If we're lucky we may only have a few chances to get back in to MLS.3.Please no Miami FC moving up to MLS. Vancouver only got away with it because they are seriously modifying BC Place to be as soccer specific as possible, and have a new SSS plan very close to completion. It will take the best possible bid to do it. It took them THIRTEEN YEARS and various ownerships just to get it.I wold rank the chances as follows:1. A new MLS team, if by some miracle awarded to Miami with plans to play at FIU, would also be ill equipped. Whether or not investors step up is another thing.Not only that they regret leaving the south when Miami Fusion's attendance was at its highest. The last thing I would want is Traffic owning our MLS team.3. Heck, it was probably FIU that enticed Claure and FCB to begin with. Louis - soccer hotbed in the US and if they show Garber the money this time they have a great chance. Carolinas are too small of a market, and Atlanta, I dont know, I cant see it as a soccer townFlorida will always be on the league's short list when it comes to expansion, until we have 2 teams back again. But if a party can come in and build an SSS then great! I'm all for it! But it's wishful thinking right now. I'll say it again and again, FIU Stadium is an ideal venue built up to FIFA specifications, it could be a very doable solution until an SSS stadium is built.Originally Posted by FIUJoelA deal can definetly be worked out with Miami. It took them THIRTEEN YEARS and various ownerships just to get it.Originally Posted by Lucho305story/expansion_five_candidates_for_next_two_expansion_spots/Could we be on another expansion trip? Read the article MLS is already looking for the next two expansion teams to MLS, Florida in General being considered for one out of the five possible expansion cities. Right now, FIU is our best shot. The whole point of a SSS is to take in all the gameday, and non-gameday, revenues and help the team make money.Long story short, If we get a good owner lined up, with plans for a SSS from day one, we're in. But is anyone stepping up with it? No. South Florida - Huge soccer market, huge TV market, league wants us back, but we have a lot of work to do(owner, stadium).FIU was offering free rent for the FCB-Claure bid.Regardless of whether or not a new SSS can be done down here(and it will likely require some public financing to get done), the fact is it MUST be done to get us a team. South Florida - Huge soccer market, huge TV market, league wants us back, but we have a lot of work to do(owner, stadium). it doesn't get any better than that. Montréal already has one. The team would need a great deal to make playing there worthwhile. And they were already a team in the area with two championships. Atlanta's bid will include a SSS. I'm not sure FIU would work well in that capacity.4. That's how bad FIU wants MLS there and how much they want to support soccer down here. Louis - soccer hotbed in the US and if they show Garber the money this time they have a great chance. Carolinas - Great fit for the league I think, but easily 5th, at best, on the league's wish list. But you gotta think with Miami's reaction to the Marlins new stadium that it's going to be tough to gain political traction. If not, St.4. $50 million for the public side tops, and it's something that can be tacked on to an already underway or planned project such as a youth sports complex(like the cricket stadium at Central Broward Regional Park).Originally Posted by FIUJoelFIU was offering free rent for the FCB-Claure bid.I don't know what to make of this, Lucho.Yea I guess your right antique, but I think maybe the Gold Cup games and the fact that the Southeast has no teams in the MLS, led Garber to a florida team being a candidate out of five, in the next round. I'll say it again and again, FIU Stadium is an ideal venue built up to FIFA specifications, it could be a very doable solution until an SSS stadium is built.You don't need to tell me about the Marlins struggles. I for one don't like MLS as much as I love USL, but our attendance in Miami is sad, and Whitestar brought a good point about how MFC sold 1,500 season tickets and not even have half of those numbers at the games?!? I for one don't like MLS!! but if it brings out the people in Seattle and in Toronto, and I know for sure that it will bring out the people in Philly, Im damn sure it will bring out the peolpe in Miami!! MLS has come a long way, since 2001, they have been getting better, not the level I expected, but they are progressing. After team 20 our best hope might be some team relocating(probably Chivas). Montréal - Rabid fans and a near MLS-ready stadium of their own2. we just need a committed investor for once. Heck, it was probably FIU that enticed Claure and FCB to begin with. Louis gets in and we're left hoping for further expansion or relocation. it doesn't get any better than that.As ever, we'll see what we'll see, whenever. But you gotta think with Miami's reaction to the Marlins new stadium that it's going to be tough to gain political traction. But if a party can come in and build an SSS then great! I'm all for it! But it's wishful thinking right now.A SSS is a much smaller investment for a city or county than a complicated retractable roof baseball stadium is, so pushing the project though probably wouldn't be as big of an ordeal as the Marlins' ballpark was. The clock is ticking for South Florida.Originally Posted by drSoFlaFanI wold rank the chances as follows:1. you gotta work with what you have and build from there. Right now, FIU is our best shot. With improvements to the stadium it could certainly be made into a top notch MLS venue, but there are two big sticking points: the lease deal and the FieldTurf. Atlanta - Big market, good owner, but they need serious stadium plans to develop5. But is anyone stepping up with it? No. Louis and what I assume will be a more serious bid this time from Atlanta/Arthur Blank for what I can only guess will be the last expansion team for a good while. Unless someone Barça-esque comes in again and blinds MLS with their international clout, FIU won't cut it. And to be honest, much like the soccer situation, MLB should never have awarded South Florida a team without a proper venue(a retractable roof ballpark, see Phoenix).Not that I don't think it would work as a temp venue, look back on the MLS expansion threads from the FCB bid, I always said that as a temporary solution it would be great. And unless it comes with a some serious additions/modifications, and a promise of no further expansion, no FIU. I've followed that long journey since day one. I just don't think FIU can in any way be part of the best possible bid. St. I'm certainly ecstatic they took a risk and did give us a team, and it has worked out in the end with the new ballpark, but the Marlins have so far been ill-equipped from day one.OTOH, it's good to think that we may be on MLS's shortlist.I think that from that list, the frontrunners would be Montreal(in for sure if their owners puts in the money), and Miami and St.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-29 10:09 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.200545 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum