Do our U20s need to get together ts often Especially our pro U20s It stri

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2012-9-24 04:45:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
Call TR and let him know what you think. (8)62 guys have just one callup; another 11 have 2.Sorry I didn't give you credit the first time.)I count 16 total callup opportunities so far this cycle.Do our U20s need to get together this often?Especially our pro U20s?It strikes me as not being in their best interest to leave their club every couple of months for meaningless competitions. Yes, some of this could be wrong if I missed a change or was sloppy.I'd like to see this aspect of our U20 program philosophy changed next cycle. Both the USSF and the players' clubs are definitely taking the amount of camps into consideration and for now, having all these camps and getting looks at different players is the way to go. If that's going to a U-20 camp, then fine, if it's staying with the club, then that's fine too.Here's an analysis of the U20 campers from Jan 09:A little look at the numbers for this cycle (through the current TT roster).It seems very clear to me that not all pros are called up equally. I'd like to see this aspect of our U20 program philosophy changed next cycle.Do you know how many pros are on the current trip? Very few. The pros don't get together too often as it is. The non-pros it's the best thing for them considering they only have pdl as an option. Last time around, there were 13 including the finals; 74 guys were called up.Current pool posted on US.Moreover this list is incomplete.For one, Mix Diskerud is not included. (But of course some of those guys have just received their first in the last camp or two.ElRoss425, here's an update to that old analysis: 111 total callups25 players who are 91s or younger25 professionals (does not include non-pros affiliated with pro clubs; it's a changing number)Most callups: Flores (12), Wallace/Peri (11), Williams/Perk/Cruz (10), Lambo (9), Opara/Davies/Gale A.Originally Posted by zhoserehDo you know how many pros are on the current trip? Very few.com=18 pros/48 listed players.Thanks Dave. I believe it has a ton to do with what the clubs and players involve feel is best for their development. The pros don't get together too often as it is. Camps in this cycle (I left of the 2008 U18 megacamp to limit this entirely to Rongen callups): 11Total players called up: 105Most callups: 8 (Flores, Wallace)Players with one callup: 64Players eligible for next cycle: 21Players eligible for next two cycles: 1 (Renken)Based on the numbers, some highlights:8 callups: (2) Flores, Wallace7 callups: (0)6 callups: (5) D Cruz, Lambo, Marosevic, Opara, Perk5 callups: (5) Agbossoumonde, Balchan, Davies, Ibrahim, Okugo4 callups: (5) Arguez, Bernardo, Garcia, Hamid, Shea3 callups: (6) Altamirano, Cabas, Jeffrey, Morales, Nimo, C TaylorThese numbers have increased for some of these guys since January and is a lot of time spent away from their pro teams.The clubs have interests of their own and they know whats best for the player.37.Given that clubs have the power not to release players for camps, a club wouldn't release the player if going to the camp had negative effect on the players' development.Very Few!!!Current trip=6 pros out of 17 selections. Please correct if you see something that looks wrong. MLS guys who are in the 18 are left off the rosters, wheras the ones not in the 18 are called in.35% pros.5% pros. The non-pros it's the best thing for them considering they only have pdl as an option.Originally Posted by ElRoss425Do our U20s need to get together this often? Especially our pro U20s? It strikes me as not being in their best interest to leave their club every couple of months for meaningless competitions. Call TR and let him know what you think.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-29 10:06 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.246640 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum