View: 37|Reply: 0

what did you tnk of gibbs trying to stop scotland fighting with monfries in the

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2012-4-19 01:07:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
B.Lloyd's free-kick milking efforts, while effective, are just pathetic. He will play 22 games this year don't worry about that.He may only be a kid in his first few games of AFL footy, but he is showing leadership qualities which will be a brilliant aid to his development as both a footballer and a person.Even though it was a soft free kick, Scotland should know better than that. A massive contrast with Fev up the other end, bagging 8 by beating his opponents on the lead and in the air, and bombing them from 60m.Setanta introducing Matty to the MCG turf. Dons players are the masters of milking frees.Waitewhat did you think of gibbs trying to stop scotland fighting with monfries in the goal square?Scotty got a rush of blood and gave away a dumb, albeit soft, free in the goal square. I don't know about you, but I really wouldnt want to piss off Setanta. Setanta won about 40% on Lloydy including the free kicks.In giving some niggle, Scotto was falling into their hands. Didn't take him long to dislike Lloyd.The match up I'm looking forward to: Setantavs FraserOriginally Posted by stokesyGibbs well done, he certainly didn't want to give away a free.Worth. The Setanta fist pump will quickly gain a cult following, there is no doubt about that. But after last year with Collingwood when they got awarded like 3 free kicks in front of goal in a row, you'd think Scotty would learn. mathew lloyd - free kick coach. Originally Posted by parrotDons players are the masters of milking frees. Im just angry that it took a kid to put him in his place. He will play 22 games this year don't worry about that. The man is an absolute monster! It was hilarious watching him get stuck into Lloyd for the entire match and I especially loved it when he took a mark, played on and baulked Lloyd and another Essendon player. I don't blame Lloyd for being a little intimidated by Setanta.He didn't need to use his hands - some good old fashioned in-your-face chesting or shoulder slaps would have flown the flag perfectly. Im just angry that it took a kid to put him in his place.what did you think of gibbs trying to stop scotland fighting with monfries in the goal square? i was both happy and angryHappy - because he's played 3 games, and already he has enough confidence to grab hold of a senior player and tell him to get his head in the game.Originally Posted by Will. But after last year with Collingwood when they got awarded like 3 free kicks in front of goal in a row, you'd think Scotty would learn. the fact he had the confidence to try n put scotlands mind on the game is definately a sign of a future leader at the clubI thought he showed a great deal of maturity in trying to get Scotland away from Monfries, who, as we all know, is a senior player in the Carlton team. I like a bit of agro but Scotland would do well to remember that forwards deliberately try to suck in opposition players close to goal to gain those soft free kicks. Poor of Scotland to give that one away, great game but you just can't afford to give away undisciplined free kicks right in front of goal.Really shows that he has his head screwed on correctly, and that he is already mature and maturing as a footballer. And yes on the other note. He has already attained cult-status. I'm predicting Fraser will totally lose it, and have a major hissy fit.Nice aggression Scotty, but please be a little smarter with it in the goal square.I thought Lloyd looked as physically intimidated as he has ever been, but at the same time Carlos was careful not to give away any frees with it.I loved Setanta's work on Lloyd.Originally Posted by ClayBlue87I like to see the agro too. definately shows why we've put him in the leadership groupAngry - because i luv seeing aggression from my team (eg LOVED O'hailpin in Lloydys face), and gibbs didn't provide it. It is also comforting to see him get cranky when he gives away free kicks. does gibbs have the right to hold back a senior, more experienced player? i know if i was scotland it woulda bugged menow before u all start yelling at me saying how it was great of gibbs n he showed leadership, i completely agree.Setanta is awesome, he could by anything. just saying wot i liked about his action, and wot i didn't.That's exactly how I interpreted it. Who doesn't.Not only is Setanta intimidating, but if you get him fired up, he just gets more determined to beat you at every contest. on top of that, essendon is awarded a free kick in the goal square. The Setanta fist pump will quickly gain a cult following, there is no doubt about that. Even with the aggro, he never steps over the line, which is good. could have been a 2 on 1 in favour of carlton, instead 2 in 1 in favour of essendon whilst gibbs is doing nothing. The last think Scotland needed was someone to fire him up even more.It was good of Gibbs, I thought.Originally Posted by XXX KINGSI don't blame Lloyd for being a little intimidated by Setanta. He keeps improving every single week and it gives you a smile every time to see the passion he shows and the effort he gives. putting forward alternative thoughts. Its great now because opposition FF actually now realise that he can stop them and try to physically (if not verbally) intimidate him. The man is an absolute monster! It was hilarious watching him get stuck into Lloyd for the entire match and I especially loved it when he took a mark, played on and baulked Lloyd and another Essendon player.Setanta is awesome, he could by anything. He keeps improving every single week and it gives you a smile every time to see the passion he shows and the effort he gives. It is also comforting to see him get cranky when he gives away free kicks. Setanta won about 40% on Lloydy including the free kicks.Need to be smarter than that and get the square up in another part of the ground.Originally Posted by JeremiasReally shows that he has his head screwed on correctly, and that he is already mature and maturing as a footballer. I stil lthink that is respectable while not great considering a) the free kicks , b) his inexperience and c) the flow of ball early in the game.It wasn't like Monfries had king-hit Gibbs or anything.It was already obvious by then that the scumpires were actively burying us and that they didn't need any excuse to give the Bombers free shots on goal.Originally Posted by as0l0mathew lloyd - free kick coach. Who doesn't. Its great now because opposition FF actually now realise that he can stop them and try to physically (if not verbally) intimidate him.Da.He may only be a kid in his first few games of AFL footy, but he is showing leadership qualities which will be a brilliant aid to his development as both a footballer and a person.The match up I'm looking forward to: Setantavs FraserYeah that will be great. And yes on the other note.I like to see the agro too.Gibbs knew the score and showed a cool head, which is why he's in the leadership group. Shows just how much he is trying to do it correctly. Shows just how much he is trying to do it correctly. The last thing we needed was to give the Bombers a freebie in front of goal, and good on Gibbs for trying to stop a senior player from doing something stupid. I stil lthink that is respectable while not great considering a) the free kicks , b) his inexperience and c) the flow of ball early in the game. Gibbs shows a lot of passion for his team, but he knew that situation had potential to escalate. Gibbs well done, he certainly didn't want to give away a free. i saw it as this, scotland v monfries, gibbs should get in there and have scotlands back, get in monfries face too. whilst gibbs was holding scotland allowing monfries to get free pushes in, lovett has sprinted over and full attacked scotland.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-2-22 05:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.208239 second(s), 41 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum